Shoelaces

Go down

Shoelaces

Post  Bossman on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:18 pm

Any tips or ideas on how to teach a child to tie shoelaces?

Bossman

Back to top Go down

SHOELACES

Post  A GUEST on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:02 pm

I HOPE SOMEONE DOES HAVE AN IDEA THAT WORKS.

A GUEST

Back to top Go down

VELCRO

Post  WHATDOIK on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:45 pm

VELCRO FASTENING SHOES AND TRAINERS ARE A QUICK FIX. BUT DO TRY AND TEACH CHILDREN TO TIE LACES.
CAN YOU STILL GET ELASTIC LACES WITH CORD LOCKS??

WHATDOIK

Back to top Go down

Shoelaces

Post  Heather on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:32 pm

I would suggest using two different coloured wide laces and tying them together within a reasonable heavy shoe. Then you can tell a story that the child can remember the sequence of to help with the process. An example would be, after making the initial half-knot ..there is a tree, not a big tree ( while making a loop) or a little tree, in the field. A rabbit came along and ran round the tree ( he stayed quite close) and then disappeared down a hole ( poking finger and lace down hole). Then pull both ears slowly to make a tight bow.
Extra detail to the story can be added as the child needs it and kept to a minimum for the child to remember. The different colooured laces make it easier for the child to tell them apart.
Hope it helps!

ps Curly laces are stiull available. there is a shoip in the Victorian Arcade in Leeds that seels them along with Kicker shoes in all sorts of colours. This may put off the lace tying day but I'm noit sure that secondary age children will enjoy wearing them!
Heather

Heather

Back to top Go down

Re: Shoelaces

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum