benefits and help

Go down

benefits and help

Post  carlhard on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:40 am

hello, my name is Carl and my 13yr old son has been diagnosed with dispraxia, he still attends many hospital appointments such as physio theripy, clinical psychologists etc, he has had to have heart scans, cat scans and eye tests, his hands are constantly shaking which puts him off eating certain foods at home and even more so when we eat out, he is now starting to complain of aching leg joints,all this has certainly taken its toll on our son, (we can tell), but he tries not to show it, and hates anyone talking about his problems whilst he is around.
on a happier note he is very active and loves his rugby and club he is a member off, he has played since he was five, dannys school have now aknolleged his problem and are going out of there way to help him, they have brought in advisors from our local authority and as of yesterday have agreed to let him try a special lap top for all his lessons, the laptop is an (asus Eeepc)the lap top is due to his tremors in his hands resulting in poor hand writing.
back to the subject of benefits we also applied for the dla and filled in the very long form, we filled nearly every space and listed all his problems as well as giving many doctors names who had seen danny, but only last week received a reply saying it was rejected, we now are at a loss as to what to do next and would realy appreciate any sugestions, also are there any special aids available to children to help them along in life.
thank you for taking the time to read this and i look forward to any reply,
carl and family.

carlhard

Back to top Go down

Appeal

Post  kathy1 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:25 pm

Hi Carl as far as I know you can try again, not sure if immediate although it should say on the form what to do if rejected. The DLA is very hit and miss, we were very lucky as my daughter clamied it upto the age of 16, it really helped as we used it for extra tutition in maths and english. The form as you say is long in length, check the minute pages do they add up over what they are asking for? Good luck and do let me know the outcome.
Information pack on it's way to you.
Kathy. Smile Smile

kathy1

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum