BENEFITS

Go down

BENEFITS

Post  RyansDad on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:20 pm

Our Son is 14. He was born very premature and now has Gross and Fine Motor problems.
He is not Dyspraxic but has " Dyspraxic Tendancies". Everyone said he would catch up by the time he got to high school but it has not happened.
Anyway, my wife has to be there for him morning and after school and this is preventing her from getting a job. She had always planned to go back to work when he was old enough.
So.... Does anyone know of any benefits we can claim to compensate for her not being able to work.
Someone suggested DLA but to be honest he is not that bad as far as disabilities go.

RyansDad

Back to top Go down

DLA

Post  kathy1 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:41 pm

I would suggest you send off for the DLA form it may surprise you that you do a lot more for your son than you realise. Don't be put off by the long form.Your wife maybe able to claim carers allowance. It cetainly is worth looking into.
Let me know how you get on.

kathy1

Back to top Go down

Benefits

Post  ryansdad on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:20 pm

We applied for DLA and surprise, we have been told yes. So now we will be getting some money each month which will allow us to treat Ryan and do things we wouldn't normally be able to afford.
As Kathy says, don't be put off by the long form. it is worth the time and effort. Basketball

ryansdad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

benefits

Post  kathy1 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:21 pm

Thats great news. Smile Many people are put off by the form granted they look complicated and do take time to fill in, but please do not be put off by this. If a child has greater difficulties and needs more support than other children their own age it is worth persuing.
Well done. Kathy. Smile Smile

kathy1

Back to top Go down

Re: BENEFITS

Post  lo tae shao on Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:14 am

Well! I feel positively cheated! Razz

You think if I go in now they'll backdate it 20 years?

Just think of how many packets of space raders I could buy with that eh!! lol

Sam

x

lo tae shao

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BENEFITS

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum